Frequently Asked Questions
What is poly-lifting?
Poly-lifting is the procedure of raising misaligned concrete by drilling strategically placed injection holes through the top surface of the concrete slab and pumping polyurethane liquid, under hydraulic pressure, into the sub-slab voids.
What can be poly-lifted?
Most sunken concrete flatwork can be realigned to its original profile. This includes residential concrete driveways, sidewalks, garage floors, patios, and steps, additional services include commercial and industrial office floors, manufacturing floors, as well as municipal gutters, drains, sidewalks, and aprons.
What causes voids?
Voids have many primary causes: poor drainage, soil erosion, improper soil compaction, and settlement.
When can the poly-lifting be done?
Poly-lifting performed outdoors is dependent on the ground beneath the concrete being thawed. For the Southeast, the optimal time is from March-November. For projects located indoors in a heated environment, work can be scheduled year-round.
How big are the holes?
The injection holes are generally 5/8” in diameter, slightly smaller than the diameter of a dime.
How are the injection holes repaired?
The injection holes are patched with a mixture of cement and sand.
Is there a warranty?
Yes! If the concrete slab is over 6 years old and sink(s) more than 1/4 ” within two years of performing the work, LiftRite Concrete LLC will re-adjust the settled slabs. The estimate provides complete terms and conditions,
Can leaks in cement be fixed?
Yes by pumping the two-part polyurethane mixture under the cement along a crack it will seal as the mixture will expand into a 1/32 ” gap. The mixture is injected beneath the floor or behind the wall. The 2 part mixture will travel approximately 8 feet. It will work in situations where water is present.
Does water movement or presence affect the process?
No, the polyurethane will set up in water and will not move or wash away like the sand/cement mixture.
What are the benefits of using Poly-Lifting?
1. MORE ECONOMICAL — Provides a permanent solution that’s 75% cheaper than the cost of removing and replacing existing concrete. No future repairs are needed.
2. MORE EFFICIENT — Over 80% faster than alternative methods of repair. The material hardens in minutes allowing the project to be completed in hours versus the days or weeks that other methods require.
3. SUPERIOR ACCURACY — Polyurethane foam to create its own hydraulic lift so we can control the lifting process precisely to within 10/100th of an inch. Other methods must account for shrinkage of material by over-lifting the area, polyurethane will never shrink.
4. LESS DISRUPTION — Due to the fast curing time of high-density polyurethane, traffic control can be removed and lanes reopened to traffic immediately after the injection process. Nighttime scheduling lessens delays and inconveniences.
5. HIGHER DURABILITY — Polyurethane’s compressive strength provides a solid and dense product yet its tensile strength and elongation allow for the material to be pliable allowing it to permanently support the roadway structure by being tough yet forgiving.
6. CONFORMABILITY — By expanding 20 times its liquid volume, polyurethane foam material moves laterally beneath the pavement filling all voids. Additionally, it perfectly contours to the size and shape of the voids to fully completely support the pavement with 100% coverage.
7. COMPACTION ABILITY — An additional benefit during the lifting process is the compaction of base soils through the resistance of lifting the concrete structure. The material bleeds into the sub-base and binds soil particles together strengthening the base material.
8. LIGHTWEIGHT — Polyurethane only adds 2-3 pounds per cubic foot to the sub-base.
9. BETTER STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY — To help maintain the structural integrity of the concrete pavement injection holes are only 5/8″ in diameter.
10. MOISTURE RESISTANT — Our specially formulated polyurethane material is designed for wet conditions. Its hydrophobic properties displace and repel water without being compromised and replace any missing sub-base with a solid/dense material unaffected by moisture.
11. MOISTURE SEAL BARRIER — Polyurethane seals the underside of concrete pavement joints and cracks to eliminate water penetration and erosion issues.
12. INFRASTRUCTURE REHABILITATION — Puts counties, cities and municipalities in control of their aging infrastructure by saving them time and money.